Job ID #8056 Employment Source
35 hours per week / 1 year contract with possibility of renewal / Starting ASAP / Downtown Toronto
Who is JVS Toronto?
JVS Toronto believes that every individual has opportunities for employment. Since 1947, JVS Toronto has been giving the power of employment and improved learning serving 10,000 new individuals annually through career, employment, and assessment services in Toronto and York Region. We also help businesses recruit the workforce they need to be successful. JVS Toronto is a registered charity and receives generous funding to provide most of our services without charge. Visit
The JVS Employment Source Toronto Centre office, funded by MLTSD, provides a range of employment services (information and referral, one-on-one employment counselling, employment workshops, job
services) to unemployed individuals of all ages, financial backgrounds and skills to help them gain employment within their field or a related field.
Flexible hours / evenings / weekends may be required for this position.
We’re looking for someone who will:
• Provide individual employment counselling and facilitate employment workshops in the office and online
• Assess client needs and develop service plans that demonstrate the coordination of appropriate interventions that support employment goals
• Interview and assess clients for the appropriateness for the JVS Toronto programs including Employment Service
• Demonstrate outcome-focused case management ability; applying knowledge of current local labour market trends, and community services and resources
• Promote Employment Ontario Services, including identifying and supporting opportunities for itinerant services with community partnerships
• Maintain complete client case files in compliance with the Employment Ontario model requirements; monitor clients’ progress with ongoing follow-up
• Coordinate provision of services with the Job Development team, including advocating for client’s successful placement and job retention
• Provide clients with information and referral services both internally and externally, and assign financial employment supports
• Assess, discuss and administer Second Career applications involving a review of eligibility, financial feasibly, etc.
• Inform participants regarding the Internet, social media and other tools for further career training and job search success
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling or Social Services with placement experience, or a related degree with 3-5 years of counselling experience. International degrees must be evaluated for Canadian equivalency.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Sensitivity to diversity; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively deal with many personality types
• Knowledge of the local community
• Experience providing services to people with disabilities and/or mental illness
• Computer literate; the ability to learn systems used by the agency (ie. SalesForce)
• A clear Police Vulnerable Sector check is required for this position
Our ideal candidate will also have:
• Employment Ontario knowledge and exposure
• Certification from a Career and Work Counsellor program
• Certification from VRA Canada or ICCI
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & covering letter.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application, please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR
You have succesfully applied
There was a problem applying to this vacancy
Is there something wrong with this job offer?
Report the error